Customers who book a self catering holiday, at Haroldston Farmhouse, Upper Haroldston, must only do so if they accept the following terms and conditions.
1. The appropriate 20% deposit should accompany all bookings. The final balance is payable 6 weeks before the commencement of the holiday. Bookings may be subject to cancellation if the payment balance is not received by the due date. Late bookings (ie within 6 weeks of commencement) should be accompanied by full settlement.
2. All cancellations must be notified in writing to the owners (M S & J A Low, hereafter referred to as the owners) or their nominated representatives. The customer's liability for payment is dependent on when the cancellation is notified:
a. If the owners are notified of the cancellation 8 weeks or more prior to the start of the holiday, then the owners will retain only the deposit but will refund in full if the property can be re-
b. If the owners are notified of the cancellation less than 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday, then the owners will retain the whole payment, unless they are able to re-
The customer is advised to take out travel insurance to guard against unforeseen circumstances. There are a number of companies that operate in this specialist market. Lyon Insurance, is one such supplier, which seems to be competitively priced.
3. The customer undertakes to keep the accommodation and all furniture, fixtures and fittings in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday and to leave the accommodation clean and tidy, as found on arrival. The cost of any damage or breakages must be paid to the owners or their representative. Additional cleaning over and above what is normally and reasonably expected may also be chargeable. The owners or their representative should be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time during the holiday.
4. The customer may be permitted to bring pets only by the advanced authority of the owners and with the express understanding that the customer will clean away ALL animal traces prior to the customer's final departure. There is no additional charge for pets. However, a security deposit of £50 will be levied which will be refunded in full, providing that the accommodation is left in a satisfactorily clean and undamaged condition.
5. The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed the number originally booked, unless by prior arrangement. The owners will, in exceptional circumstances, permit more than the normal maximum of 12 persons (plus 2 babies in cots). However, this will be at additional charge at the owners' discretion and the customer must obtain the owners' consent in advance.
6. In the event of any problem with the accommodation arising on arrival or during the holiday, the customer should immediately bring this to the attention of the owners or their representative. Claims for compensation cannot be considered retrospectively.
7. The accommodation will normally not be available for occupancy until 4pm on the first day and should be vacated by 10am on the last day. This is to allow sufficient time to properly service the property.